Sociology of the Family has been dominated. 3 essays in 2 hours = my hand hurts. Easy topics though, these are my short versions of the prompts.
1. Compare filial piety in Taiwan and Java. (If you don't know what filial piety is, you probably don't need to know)
2. Is the decision of women to stay at the home a simple "do the right thing" choice or does society and the economy push for it? Have the ideas of domesticity and motherhood evolved or not? why? etc.
3. Discuss the wedding industry in terms of the white wedding day ideology in relation to the reality of married life and the prevalence of divorce.
So, yeah. I think I did well, and since i've gotten A's on everything else in that class except 1 assignment (which was one of my most idiotic moves in college history if you want to ask me about it) I may be able to get an A in the class.
Coming up tomorrow,
Cognitive Psychology
Human Development of Adulthood and Aging
Multiple choice time, yay!! 1 Final down, 4 to go.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
and this was a big course load this quarter right? almost done. christmas break is awesome.
my hand hurts after just a paragraph or two. thats why I have to journal online. that, plus easily including photos and articles.
1) I get filial piety but what/where is Java?
2 and 3 would take all day. wow.
Post a Comment