Wednesday, December 27, 2006

20 Units

I'm somewhat considering taking 20 units this upcoming quarter. For those who are unaware, I have abandoned my plan of double majoring in Psych and Human Development, and instead have chosen to only go with HDE. There were many reasons for this, such as being able to get out a quarter (or 2 if I really stack on units) early, getting better grades, not going crazy, having time for a job, etc. After this decision, I was only planning on taking 16 this winter, until I had a sudden realization. One of the classes I plan on taking, an upper division human development class called "Cognitive Development" is being taught by the same professor who's upper division "Cognitive Psychology" I took and did pretty well in this past quarter. I figure it will be roughly the same material and she's a pretty good teacher, so it might be an easy A in the extra 4 units I would take. My other classes probably shouldn't be too difficult. It looks like i'll have many fewer papers to write and very interconnected material. If I take this class, it will fit my schedule so that I'll have 4 classes on monday and wednesday, and only 1 on tuesday and thursday. Fridays off again?? Heck yes. So, if I choose to take 20 units, these are the classes i'll be in:

  • Human Development in Infancy and Early Childhood
  • Human Development in Middle Childhood and Adolescence
  • Psychological Assessment (another upper division human development course)
  • Abnormal Psychology (I know this class requires a paper, but it's supposed to be really interesting and has a good professor)
  • Cognitive Development (the class in consideration)

    Any thoughts? Let me know! My own thoughts are that if I can take 1 extra class that might allow me to graduate next fall, it's good that there's one that i've pretty much already taken.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I say go for it, again! sounds like the "extra class" won't really be worth much extra work.
    In fact, if you had to do just 16, I'd drop one of the others, something that you know will be offered again soon and onw't hold you back in the meantime. (for instance the 101s are definately offered in summer session)