Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Busy Bee Bzzzzzzzz

I just finished my second midterm of the week. Technically, I don't have any other tests to worry about until Sunday-ish, when I need to start studying for my Contemporary American Family midterm. However, I do have some work to get done before next week, so this isn't going to be the most relaxing of weekends. I'm liking this whole social-science-class bonanza, as far as testing goes. Multiple choice is pretty straight forward, and the material often overlaps, not just with other classes i'm taking now, but also many of classes I've already taken and done well in. If things keep up the way they are, this shouldn't be all that stressful of a quarter.

In other news, I'm still in my sorority. I haven't paid dues, gone to meetings, gone to social events, or really done anything. I think I'm being a coward. Someone give me some courage, okay? I don't really know what i'm afraid of. I do kind of feel bad for helping out with recruitment, even though I didn't tell any of the girls that they should join a house, I feel like my presence there was kind of a sham. Soon. I'll take care of it soon.

This weekend marks the beginning of wedding season for our ward. I'm excited to go to this wedding and kind of see how the whole thing goes down. I went to one already, but it's always fun to see how different people do things differently. I'm going to have a handful of bridal showers and weddings to go to over the next few months, and the ward is going to progressively shrink to a pitiful size. I'm happy for everyone though! It's very exciting!

Church stuff is going well. We're throwing a halloween-esque masquerade ball in a week, and since i'm on the committee I'm going to be putting some time into getting ready for that. I really enjoy going to institute every week. I feel like that "refills my spiritual cup" about as well as going to church does. I think I like it because it's a good mix of spirituality and intellectual education. It makes me think about things in ways I never could've thought of on my own. I also got my referral to receive my Patriarchal blessing, so I'm pretty excited to do that as soon as I have the time.

I'll probably have the time as soon as I take Toby to get his shots and I go to the dentist (tasks that i've been meaning to do for weeks).

2 comments:

HornInFBb said...

1- I'm really glad the 20-unit thing is so bearable
2-at least you didn't pay them
3- intersting. you know, I've only been to 2 other weddings- Emilios, and this friend of HorninF's from school. oh shoot, I forgot also cousin Lisa's, and high school friend Megan's. well, I am sure that the only bridal shower I've been to was my own. oh shoot. and Lisa's.
nevermind!
4- glad church is good. and institute. and the blessing. good stuff. what class(es?) is it?

james said...

well you already know how i feel about institute. i just wish i could still go to bro. C's lessons. you are lucky.

and the P-blessing is amazing. you should do that before you go to the dentist! dr. parker will understand. well, actually he won't, but you should go tomorrow if you can.