
Today is a nice day without work or expectations for me to be anywhere. This means a few things. I can finally rest my back (which besides the sunburn has been sore for about a week), and get down to working on my talk for this sunday (my first one ever). The topic is "charity". I've found some really good talks on lds.org and I'll look things up in Preach My Gospel, True to the Faith, the BD, etc. I'll probably post my talk on here at some point, either before Sunday if I want criticism or after Sunday if I'm satisfied with it. Feel free to pitch advice though. I'm not too worried about talking. The whole public speech thing hasn't really bothered me, though I might feel weird giving a talk to people who may know a lot more than me about my topic. I'm hoping I can keep my talk interesting enough to hold people's attention. I don't want people flipping pages in their scriptures the whole time I'm talking, so I'll probably just cite and quote the verse without waiting too long between, and not put the verse references too close to eachother in the talk. If anyone has any good stories involving charity that might be useful, let me know, because I'm having trouble finding some to use.

2 comments:
"The whole public speech thing hasn't really bothered me, though I might feel weird giving a talk to people who may know a lot more than me about my topic."
well hey, if they're really such experts on the subject, I'm sure they'll be very nice about it :)
and if anybody is a jerk, you'll know it's because they don't know a thing about the subject matter :)
Witty and wise, a formidable combination.
Post a Comment